Monday, October 26, 2009

Obama Golfs While America Burns

President Obama, having won his election and a new, shiny Nobel Peace Prize, has apparently deemed himself eligible for a little R&R. Or, perhaps not a little. A lot, actually. After nine months in office, President O (it looks like a zero, get it?) has tied President George W. Bush for "number of rounds of golf played in office". 24 rounds in case, you were wondering. It took President Bush 2 years and 10 months to put in that much time on the links.

Call me crazy, but am I the only one who remembers all of the liberal bellyaching over how much time spent at Camp David, a fully outfitted presidential retreat, often accompanied by aides and advisors? I'm not a golfer, but I don't believe golf courses typically lend themselves to handeling national crises. Now again, frankly I don't care how many times the president plays golf. The only point here is that liberals acted as if Bush were never working on anything, only enjoying the benefits of being the most powerful man in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's okay to spend weeks at a time away from Washington when you're clearing brush instead …

    ReplyDelete